 Technic / Bionicle / 180
Re: New post on Colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:43:08 GMT

I thought its better to repost the information as its getting confusing with
trying to read all of the new types in the post

It is indeed confusing......

There is some new information below, also a not to Lego Direct.

The Trans represent the same colour as a normal Mask Colour
------
transyellow - Yellow "No Yellow mask Yet" - but there is transyellow on Gali

The transyellow mask may belong to Pohatu.....

These are the known ones that i have found or seen

Here is the layout of below part
Basic colour - bionicle it belongs to - and transcolour for Gali masks

Prime - as seen on the Toa's out now
Green            Lews               Transgreen
Red               Tahu                Transred (dark)
White           Kopaka            Clear

The clear mask only appeared in the new batch of masks, while the lightblue one appeared with the old batch of masks. This might be
a hint that Kopaka's Kaukau may be the lightblue one.....?

Brown          Pohatu             Transbrown

The mask Carl referred to as transbrown in his previous postings is the same that Xtian and I referred to as transblack.....

Light Red - i saw the translight red on Xtain's site -
http://www.brickmaster.de/images/bio_kaukau8.jpg , bottom left corner

You probably mean the transorange Kaukau, bottom right corner. Bottom left is the translightblue one.

This is REALLY a confusing matter....... xTIAN should update his mask site and put up scans of the masks that are available....
maybe we should await his next update and then submit scans of additional masks.......

A clip from an insider at Lego
"There may be several other "rare"masks (like the mystery one on the poster)
that might be very difficult to find. If you really want to collect
everything, it will be a real challenge
-- but if you just want to collect the basic set, it's probably not so
hard."

Very funny, Lego, very funny.

So it looks like more to come,

I am starting to think that this is going to be one big job to get all of
these "masks"

Mission impossible.....?

TO LEGO

Please tells us the true number of masks and colours?
How many "Rare Masks" will there be?
What about the gold ones?

I can already foresee their next message on lego.direct: We are working on it. Please understand that it's a complicated matter and
we have to investigate the issue properly until we come up with a definite number..........