 Technic / Bionicle / 1647
  Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

(...) "Maori have stopped international toy maker Lego using Maori names without appropriate consultation. Instead Maori and the toy company are working together to develop a new range which respects Maori." The names are not exclusive. They are (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

(...) I am surprised at the attitude being displayed by the Lugnet community over this issue. You are not being very realistic about this whole issue. We live in a country where a woman, on her own accord spills hot coffee on herself and wins a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

(...) Uh, troll, I don't think that the indians *owned* this country in the first place to have it "stolen". But this is .debate fodder for which I have not the time or inclination... , yet, when a company, like (...) As many are pointing out (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

(...) Why is it more absurd than a corporation's claim to a trademark? Note that the Treaty of Waitangi (1840) (URL) acknowledges Maori entitlement to cultural heritage, which includes their language. (URL) LEGO can acknowledge the importance of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Cultures, words, meanings and ownership (was Was Re: "piffle!" (bowdlerised for your protection)

John's right, this IS debate fodder. He should have set XFUT, but I will. XFUT o-t.debate and let's keep it out of other groups if it veers into the subject areas... that would be my strong preference and I suspect many others as well. Just a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)