 Technic / Bionicle / 1338
Re: Copper Masks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:18:41 GMT

The TRU Promo was supposed to run on 9/8 Sat. some places had posters a few
weeks prior that mentioned it. However others did not.
The mask is a Copper Huna mask.

The Walmart promo, which was not as well organized, is what you have found.
They gave away posters and a free mask in that promo.
There was a game that was supposed to be played but no one really did  it at
a store I was at, and another didn't know if they even had the promo stuff in.

I'm going to customer service at a few and see if there are any masks left. ;)

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Mark Chittenden writes:
What's the details about this promotional? Only one TRU in this neck of the
woods, and it's not exactly in "Oh just going down to the store, be back in
a few" range...

BTW - side note: was at a Walmart today, and tucked in amoung all the
Jack's, Movie Studios & Bionicles sets was a big box with a
reach-in-and-grab hole, Bionicle "Find the Power" logos on it, and inside
was a handful or three of various masks - apparent free for the taking. One
of each of the 'Great' Masks - a White Miru, a Black Hau, a Blue Akaku, a
Brown Pakari (which I also got in a Kanohi box bought at the same time), a
Trans-Red Kaukau (which I already had, but mistakenly thought I had in a
different color) & a Green Kakama.

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Steve Tanner writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Todd Kubo writes:
The TRU promotion ran pretty smoothly up in the North Seattle area.
You had to go to Customer service at each one and request your masks. In
most cases I carried 2 copies of the poster with me to reference.

My TRU here in Chicago delayed the promo till October 14... they said they
were all gearing up to give away the copper masks this weekend, but it got
pushed back for some reason.  They even had signage reflecting the new date.
Sort of a bummer....