 Technic / Bionicle / 1166
  Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

Does anybody know what the two extra dark grey pieces in the Nui-Rama set are for? I can't find them in the instructions anywhere. The rubber bands were wrapped around them when I took them out of the box. It looks like the part number on them is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

My guess is they're simply a new way to store rubber bands. Instead of putting them in a bag, they're putting them on this rubber band holder gizmo thing now. Adrian (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

These are in the Manas set also. I think they just store the rubber bands. I must say I am _very_ thankful for these. Loose lying rubber bands in my technic box-o-pieces have always ticked me off a little, and the Technic peg holes are a nice touch. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) They look to me like a trigger switch or something. The two surfaces are textured as if so your finger doesn't slide off. (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

Anyone have a picture on this, i got a UK Nui-Rama but nonething inside of this piece? Thanks -- Michael Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bionicle Island (URL) shop - Edwards Parts (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) This came from whatever version of Nui-Jaga (it must've been US, because it had piece counts on it) that I received as a prize at Brickfest: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) Dat's it! So, tell me the truth. Was my drawing that bad? I think Ray's idea for it's use is interesting. The textured 'pads' would work great for triggers. Either for pulling with your index finger or pushing with your thumb. If Pohatu's legs (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) Nah, it wasn't too bad, but a little digicam pic goes a long way to clear up confusion :) I think this piece would make a pretty good trigger, though I haven't tested it to see how tightly a technic pin would fit in it. What about as a bumper (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) Wow! This part is VERY different from the rubber band holders found in some of the Racer sets. There are no Technic holes on those. I'm still trying to find a way to use them in a MoC. Any chance that 2 of those parts come in a manas box? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) I don't know about the Manas, but two of them come in Nui-Jaga. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) Thanks! I'd planned on getting two Nui-Jaga, so that works out beautifully. -Dave (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

Yep, two such pieces come in the Manas set. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

I'm seeing a pattern here. Two of these 'rubber band holders' come with Manas, Nui-Rama, and Nui-Jaga. I wonder if they come with Muaka and Kane-Ra. Maybe they're INFECTED pieces! John Burns (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Strange parts in Nui-Rama set

(...) It only occurred to me this morning that this piece is designedto sort out two different sizes of bands. There are two black bands that show up a lot in Bionicles sets and this gizmo fits them both equally well. (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)