 Technic / 9727
Re: Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 02:19:38 GMT

This exact same result can be acheived with the humble differetial -
powering it with 2 motors, the output will be the sum of the two inputs.

If you read the whole post you would have seen that I did built exactly that
as well...

All real life IVTs use planetary gears though, there must be a good reason
for that. I will have to do some more research on why they use planetary
gears...

Anyway, I got a differential, and planetary gear IVT to work. Differential
works better due to less friction, but the planetary one looks cool in
action.

Gerard