 Technic / 8195
  8735 set with too many parts?

Look at this picture: (URL) at photo on backside of the instructionbook (upper right corner of picture). Arent there TOO many parts in this set? All the pieces on the table is from the newly bought set. There are 5 Techinc Pin 3/4 (partnr 32002) but (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

Hello It is quite normal to have some parts extra in Technic sets. In the 8735 set which I bought there were also these same extra parts. Greetings from the Netherlands Maico Arts "Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> schreef in bericht (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Øyvind, It is not unusual for LEGO to include extra numbers of small parts, including bushes, pins and 8 tooth gears (also 1x1 round plates etc in non-technic sets). I assume this is because the machines are less accurate counting the smaller (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

i think that it is actually cheaper for lego to make the machines that put the parts in the bag err on the side of extra than be 100% accurate and make an occaisional error of too few parts. -tk "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Actually, come to think of it, I cannot really remember ever buying a Technic set that did not contain a couple of extra small bits. In pneumatic sets it is also common to have an extra T-connector and additional tubing left over. Once in a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) 1x1 round plates, short technic pins, bushings, helmet visors, and 8 tooth gears always, ALWAYS come with 1 extra in every set. Without fail. I think it's because they're tiny pieces and are easily lost, so they throw in one extra just for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) I think you're right (at least as far as 1x1 round plates go). I know the more common theory is due to (potential) inaccuracy in the sorting machines, but after buying many many sets with 1x1 round plates in them, I have always ended up with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Agreed! In set 6617 that also has separate bags for each submodel there's also an extra 1x1 round plate per bag so I got several extras. Small joysticks also always come +1. /Tobbe (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)