 Technic / 7883
Re: 8448 worth it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:44:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jake Rentar writes:
Hey guys,

    I've got 8880 and 8466...both at a bargain.  IMHO, 8466 is the better
of the two but I still appreciate the engineering that went into the 8880.
8466 seems to have most of the features of the 8448, but I can't seem to
motorize that 4x4 and I really wanted to use my RCX for something like that.

    My question: Is the 8448 worth it...?

    For $200?
    For $170?
    For $130?
    For $100?
    For $75?
    Or should I try to get it at a garage sale?

If you do own a few big technic cars (including 8448) I'd very much
appreciate your opinion!

Thanks!!
Jake

Hi Jake,

I have almost the complete collection of Technic/Expert Builder large car
models. I would have to say that the 8448 is excellent as a model to get and
build. I think it's better then the Silver Champion by far for much less. If
you can get it at the original release price of $125.00 I would recommend it!

Greg

PS. I paid $200.00 for my Space Shuttle off BrickBay, and it was worht every
penny. This set is phenominal!