 Technic / 7658
  Where's the Technic???

I just got my Summer 2K2 SAH catalog (has Galidor on the cover) and was expecting to see some good stuff, especially Technic. What a downer! I really wanted to see was a picture of the BMW-Williams F1 racer based on the Silver Champion (w/ a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I was wondering the same thing about the Mindstorms section (which was stuck in a small corner of the Spybotics spread). Gee, Lego dumping that line too? -Rob "Adrian Egli" <adr.egli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:GyLo7z.1wp@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

(...) (Anyone else ready for a rant party?) No kidding!!! I'm starting to get offended! Isn't it AFOLs that have the $$ to buy the (real) Technic and Mindstorm kits anyway? And the margin should be higher since they don't have to pay for royalties (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I too wonder where the good Technic stuff is. What happened to all the sets of yester year that had bricks and beams and studs? None of the recent stuff even interests me. Sets such as the 8466 and 8458 don't even look like Lego sets. I've not seen (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

I must confess that what is on offer these days *IS* different. (...) But I think you may be over-reacting to the (lack of?) merit of some of these new sets. We are being asked to revisit some assumptions about how things are put together. Yes, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where's the Technic???

(...) Adr. Lego Company seems to have forgotten about the best sets they have ever offered. The larger more difficult Technic sets seem to have vanished. Maybe I will have to go toEuropean sources to find Eitech or Merkur sets that are challenging. (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)