 Technic / 6772
RE: killing off technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:16:31 GMT

particularly with the anticipation of looking at the latest
catalogues to see what lies in store, only to be unimpressed.

Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, bionicle (great parts, lousy idea), cars,
starwars (hated it the first time round when I was 14, and its not getting
any better, just better hyped IMHO - he said donning flame-proof clothing)
and more cars - oh I forgot a motorbike!

Whatever happened to diggers, trucks, planes, helicopters, boats,
hovercraft, robots, et al?  Compare the 1995 technic flyer with the new lego
catalog and Technic has gone downhill faster than Eddie the Eagle (Britains
hopes for ski-jumping success for those of you not of this isle!)

Bear in mind that I still think pieces like #2825 are "kind of new". (!)
Wow!  That's going back.  I draw my "kinda new" line at the change from
non-notched to notched 2U axles!

William