 Technic / 6771
Re: killing off technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:01:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert Seifert writes:

Sorry to bother you, but i have read some posts from "Is traditional technic
being killed off?? " I agree with some opinions (especially with "everything is
getting worse", my younger (14) brother made "ach jo" - something like "ooh"
in english - disgusted, bored and disappointed noise - when he saw new
catalogue), and i am interested in future development of my favourite toy.

A nicely succinct description of the thread.  I wanted to echo Robert's
opinions, particularly with the anticipation of looking at the latest
catalogues to see what lies in store, only to be unimpressed.  Although
perhaps a touch off-group, did anyone have the same feeling about Legoland?
In a way it seemed to be a dumbing-down of the model ranges (cf. 1989 vs
1999), but still, notwithstanding the continual complexities of the current
big Technic models, the use of strange new pieces to form bodywork panelling
and making entire windscreens and things from bendy tubes seems a bit like
cheating.
Bear in mind that I still think pieces like #2825 are "kind of new". (!)

Becky