 Technic / 6764
  killing off technic

Sorry to bother you, but i have read some posts from "Is traditional technic being killed off?? " I agree with some opinions (especially with "everything is getting worse", my younger (14) brother made "ach jo" - something like "ooh" in english - (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: killing off technic

(...) A nicely succinct description of the thread. I wanted to echo Robert's opinions, particularly with the anticipation of looking at the latest catalogues to see what lies in store, only to be unimpressed. Although perhaps a touch off-group, did (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: killing off technic

(...) catalogues to see what lies in store, only to be unimpressed. Cars, cars, cars, cars, cars, bionicle (great parts, lousy idea), cars, starwars (hated it the first time round when I was 14, and its not getting any better, just better hyped IMHO (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: killing off technic

(...) IMHO the Technic line went downhill after the 8480 Space Shuttle and I think it's about to hit rock bottom this year and hit it hard! (...) Oh, that's also a "new" piece to me since it came out the same year(s) that I entered my dark ages.. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: killing off technic

(...) But remember, in 1980 even technic beams were still "kinda new"! ROSCO (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: killing off technic

This is a quote from an article in Business 2.0 [October 2001]: (URL) a private firm, Lego doesn't have to explain itself to anyone in the outside world, but in March the company issued a press release announcing that it had had a lousy year in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: killing off technic

Yes, but one only need look at Gallidor or whatever it is to see that they don't understand what "lost focus" means. Plus software, watches, etc. It is clear that the marketing people think they have to go after this "new kind of kid" who isn't (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)