 Technic / 675
Re: Yellow Supercar on Lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Peter Jepsen writes:
The tire hubs on the picture aren't from the 8448 set, but which one they
came from, I don't know. Maybe these were an earlier design of the 8448
hubs?

i believe the wheels (or "hubs" as you refer to them) are simply the 1999
technic silver wheels used in most of the large technic sets:

i'm not sure if the old supercar (8880) tires fit on these wheels (i'm at work,
have to wait until i get home to check) but those are the tires they appear to
be using on the yellow prototype...

the wheels on the yellow prototype might be a smaller diameter than those used
on the 1999 sets, but the design is definitely the same... and since most of
the supercar prototypes in the auto article appear to use existing wheel/tire
combinations, i would think that's what was implemented for the yellow version