 Technic / 619
Re: Yellow Supercar on Lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 16:41:40 GMT

I'm pretty sure that the car couldn't have been built outside of Lego.
Consider all of those yellow "axles" (both flexible and normal).  All of
the flexible ones I've seen in real sets have little ridges near the
ends.  I don't see any ridges in the picture - hence the assumption that
the pieces were custom and internal to TLG.  As for the non-flexible ones,
I'm not positive, but I don't think yellow axles exist in any retail set.

Overall I'm pretty certain that this car was built by TLG.  Posting it on
the web site as a creation submitted by a 13 year old is misleading (to
put it kindly).  Just what are they trying to accomplish?

Dave Baum

In article <Fnp0y2.M71@lugnet.com>, "D. Jezek" <danjezek@REMOVEaloha.net> wrote:

I find this pretty interesting:
There is a section called "model of the month" at:
http://www.lego.com/advanced/m5p3.asp
where are 3 modified supercar models created by kids.  Look at the yellow
supercar supposedly created by Det gule lyn age 13.  It is the first one on
top receiving the most votes.
Now this exact model is featured in an Autocar Article - 6th Oct 99 which you
can see at:
http://www.technic-uk.co.uk/
The article talks about the yellow supercar being an official final prototype
to the 8448 and was built by Jorgen Christensen.
The model in the article and the one on lego.com are without a doubt the same.
My guess is that Det gule lyn age 13 didn't create it but how it finally ended
up being on lego.com under his name?

--Dan

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com