 Technic / 662
Re: Yellow Supercar on Lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 05:09:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Will Middelaer writes:
In lugnet.technic, Dan Jezek writes:
The article talks about the yellow supercar being an official final prototype
to the 8448 and was built by Jorgen Christensen.
The model in the article and the one on lego.com are without a doubt the • same.

After looking at the two pictures for a while, I felt like I was looking at
one of those kids' games of "Spot the differences."

Well, I only found one difference that is striking.  Even with the very
different brightnesses of the pictures, this one difference is easy to see.

Can you find it?

If you want to see my answer scroll down...

Along the rocker panel area (That is, along the bottom of the side of the car,
between the wheel wells) the model from the magazine article has two yellow
axles and connectors on their ends, but the model on the Lego.com site has
only a single one.

Of course, it is the opposite side of the model, so maybe it had a little
asymmetry, but I would guess that the version on the Lego website is just a
little different in time than the model in the magazine article.  I wonder it
they added that piece in or if they took it out as some sort of de-contenting
simplification process.

If you look closely then you'll see that the picture on lego.com DOES have 2
beams on the opposite side.  It is really hard to see but when you look close
you'll spot it.  That means that when looking from the front of the car, the
left side uses 2 beams and the right side uses only one.  But why?  Maybe TLC
wanted to see if the wing doors would look better with an extra beam.  But
those 2 pictures are without a doubt the same model just taken from different
angles.