 Technic / 5840
Re: Working four-finger gripper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Simeon H.K. Fitch writes:
Thanks a bundle for the part tips! I'll have to check out Brickbay.

Were the parts for all those awesome trusses, etc. on your web site just
from lots and lots of sets, or were you able to find a source for beams,
etc.

Mostly from past sets. I've been getting Technic sets since the early
eighties (well, it was Expert Builder back then :-)

Back in the late eighties, I ordered a large amount of the "large black
beams" service packs from Lego. That boosted my collection of beams.
Recently (well, in this year), I found a seller on Brickbay (Bricks by
Terry) with a lot of red beams and I bought many 1x16 and 1x12 for use in my
crawler crane.

Keep an eye on Brickbay. You never know when someone will offer a large
amount of beams. You can do a search for Technic beams to scan through all
shops.

Seems to me that Lego is missing a potentially lucrative market... The
popularity of the MindStorms with adults should have woken them up.

sim

Yep, I agree. This discussion has been brought up countless times before on
the newsgroups here.

I don't know where you live, but the S@H in the UK had offered old Technic
service packs. The last time I looked they had red, blue, and yellow beams.
If you don't live in the UK, but you have a friend there, you can ship your
order to your friend who in turn ships it to you.

Oh, one more: Pitsco Dacta:
http://www.pldstore.com/ (this is the address, but it's not working at the
moment)
has Lego Dacta stuff. There are Dacta accessory packs with gears, beams,
etc. It's expensive, though.

TJ