 Technic / 5669
    Re: Site updated —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I think so too! I think it is generally better to use the ungeared motor for applications where you need a quickly spinning thingey. For the small compressor, I usually gear the ungeared motor down using a rubber band and the large pulley, and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Site updated —Jennifer Clark
   (...) I think this is the ideal ratio, probably similar to the 1:5 gearing I used by using an 8 tooth onto 40 tooth gear which coincidentally fits into the same space as your pulleys. I found that using gears instead of pulleys made the compressor (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Site updated —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Sorry, I think it was just something in my mail correspondence with him. He used to have the motors connected to an amp meter, to check for stalling and so on. He compared the power consumption of each motor type under various loads, and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Site updated —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
   (...) I didn't carefully read the rest of this thread, so the following may be redundant. I've been collecting links to info about Technic motors. I too have been pondering the age-old question, "which motor is better?". Anyway, here are a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic)