 Technic / 5504
Re: `Why Britain needs more Meccano and less Lego'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:50:20 GMT

Johannes Keukelaar wrote:

Hi all,

This is sure to cause some controversy and stir up some discussion on
this forum:
http://www.lineone.net/telegraph/2001/07/08/news/why_46.html

More discussion of this over on /.:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/08/221215&mode=nested

Now I'll just sit back and watch the sparks fly, I think.

Hmm, it's wandered into a discussion of juniorization, here's an
interesting quote from a parent:

Re:Lego Dumbs It Down (Score:1)
by k-run on Monday July 09, @09:29AM EST (#234)
(User #74865 Info)

My son has a collection of these "custom lego sets" . He simply puts them all into one big box
and creates his own designs with all available parts. Initially I tried to get him to keep the sets
apart, but soon found that this way is much better!

(The previous post was talking about juniorized sets and calling them
"custom sets.")

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com