 Technic / 5503
Re: `Why Britain needs more Meccano and less Lego'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:51:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
Steven Lane wrote;

This would be invaluable for people who wish to comment on Lego but do not
have the experience we enthusiast's have. It should also address the element
of Meccano fans who have a simplistic dislike of Lego.

I wonder what the average age of a typical Meccano fan who dislikes Lego is?

After all, in Meccano's golden age, Lego was just bricks!

If the critic's experience stems from more than 20 years ago, then it is
the memory
of what the comparison used to be that is being expressed. And, due to the fact
that the (unlucky) majority of adults are not AFOLs, they will never get a
chance
to discover how far Lego has come, specifically in the area of Technic.

So, IMHO, the current superiority of Lego doesn't require any
justification. It has
simply outpaced the competition!

JB

I agree with what John's written although just because we're right doesn't
mean we can't tell them we're right :-). We only need to justify ourselve's
as much as you'd justify yourself supporting any position. Just enough
justification to convince the opposition that we are indeed right.

Steve