 Technic / 5498
Re: `Why Britain needs more Meccano and less Lego'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:16:28 GMT

What we could do with is a short web page 'A quick guide to the basics of Lego'

This would be invaluable for people who wish to comment on Lego but do not
have the experience we enthusiast's have. It should also address the element
of Meccano fans who have a simplistic dislike of Lego.

I think the page should illustrate the facts that:

Properly braced structures don't bend(much) and don't break apart.

We have an (almost) full range of gears to play with.

Lego has essential mechanical piece's, diffs, suspension's, gear rack's, etc.

We have pneumatics, motors, pneumatic tyre's, compressor's etc.

It should also illustrate a few representative models.

The purpose of the page would be to get the most information across in the
shortest time for those quick to form their own opinions and those who have
a short attention span. At the bottom we could expand on this theme for
those interested enough to read that far down. It would serve the same
general purpose as Simon Bennett's letter but in a smaller package and for
an audiance with a broader range of intellect.

Please don't ask me to do it, I'm too busy building :-).

Steve