 Technic / 5325
Re: A way to build a universal joint?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:51:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Greg Majewski writes:
Since I have no universal joints at my disposal, and there are currently no
reasonably priced sets that I know of that use them, I would like to know if
anybody has come up with a way to build one.

Greg,

Building a u-joint probably can be done, although I've never really tried.
The problem will be that whatever assembly is built will be large and bulky
(as compared to the original Lego-made u-joint).

The home-built one will be hard to use in a creation as it will take up much
space. The original u-joint has cross-sectional dimensions of about 1x1
(brick widths). A home-built u-joint will probably have cross-sectional
dimensions of 4x4.

It's best just to buy the part by itself. If www.brickbay.com ever comes
back online, it's probably your best bet. Also, look at the other reply to
this message for an alternative.

T. J.