 Technic / 4533
  Re: Yet another use for 7106

(...) How about a homebrew one? I believe it is possible to get fairly thick "plastic card" which can be heated in the oven and moulded - I think this is a technique used by those who scratch build scale models of various types. It won't be pure but (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet another use for 7106

(...) Among my myriad talents I'm also an occasional scratch builder. I've recently made a circular housing by wrapping a flexible strip of plasticard around a circular former secured by an elastic band and then throwing it into a sink full of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet another use for 7106

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3AD307BC.BACE4F...h.ac.uk... (...) is a (...) It (...) Hmm - there was that plastic stuff that you could bend and deform in high school classes - I think it was some variant of (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet another use for 7106

(...) The oven seems to work well too from what I remember, and I'm sure it fitted the mould rather well after being roasted for a while. I have no idea if this is proper procedure, however. Jennifer Clark (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet another use for 7106

(...) Indeed, or even carve the molds from wood. I think the most difficult bit would be making attachment points for the Technic pieces, although it may be possible to glue pieces of standard parts onto it for this purpose. (...) Well, for sure, if (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet another use for 7106

(...) Jennifer, you are a total nerd. Lego, Star Trek, the whole package. Why didn't I meet you before I got married. Life is so unfair sometimes :( (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)