 Technic / 3926
Re: Technic Pendulum Clock progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:33:52 GMT

You could have 2 worm gears side by side turning in opposite directions and
have a bar below that which pushes the string against one or the other in
turn. I looked at this for my crane spooler, but couldn't get it to work
neatly because of the high tension in the string.

I found that the thicker the string, the better it winds by itself, so it
may be worth trying something thicker.

ROSCO

yego <ldaniel2@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:G7yu1s.7DF@lugnet.com...

The spool needs to be carefully wound, or the
string can get pinched,
Amnon

I set up a winder for a spool, I used a worm gear with a 1/5 ratio to the • spool
when you wind the wheight the string travels down the spool evenly. I got
the idea from a hose winder. but unlike a hose winder the lego spool does
not travel up and down the spool in otherwords the string doesen't change
directions. I would e_mail u a picture but my camera isn't working.
Chris