 Technic / 3094
3093  |  3095
Subject:
Technic Pendulum Clock progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 06:17:56 GMT

I've been trying to make a practical Technic pendulum clock. I want it to
run for 24 hours/winding, and to keep time to within 10 min/ day. So far,
with 5 lbs of lead X 2 feet of drop, it runs for about 4 hours, so I have a
ways to go. If there are any other clock builders who read this, I'd like to
know other people's clock efficiency in hrs / (ft lbs). Mine has an
efficiency of .4 hr/ftlb
Here is a picture of what I have so far. It doesn't have any hands yet, but
it has a winder that lets it be rewound while it is running.
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/clock1.jpg