 Technic / 3095
Re: 8458 Silver Champ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 10:44:30 GMT

Yes it is expensive, but i don't for one second regret spending the money.
It is a Beautiful Model, and i enjoyed the build as well, i wonder how long
it takes the designers to come up with these grand sets....

Gaurav Thakur <cp5670@supermail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Matt Sekerak writes:
Just picked up a copy of the Silver Champion (8458)...$169.99 later! • OUCH!
I found it at TRU in Portland, ME.  Didn't expect it to be on the • shelves, I
thought it was only a catalog item.  Anyway, it's the most fascinating • Lego
set I've built yet, hands down.  The damn thing is well over two feet • long!
The wheels are roughly the diameter of a baseball.  The instructions were
lengthy and complex...enough to trick me two or three times, forcing me • to
rip it apart and go backward a few steps - very fun!  It comes with two • FAT
instruction booklets (novels, really) one for the Formula racer, the • other
for the truck.  Truly irresistable for a Technic fan...if you can get • over
the cost, that is.  Uninterrupted (sp?) building time was approx. eight
hours, but that's going slow to savor it.  Nice set, well worth the $$

-Matt

.

Actually I didn't really think this one was really that good. The look is
fantastic and it comes with many useful parts and innovative design ideas,
but there simply aren't enough functions to make it worth $170. At this • kind
of price I would have expected a motor or something included. To be fair
though, it is a lot of fun to build (IMHO).