 Technic / 3104
Re: 8458 Silver Champ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 02:17:17 GMT

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:07:47 GMT, "Matt Sekerak" <lowlead@aol.com>
wrote:

Just picked up a copy of the Silver Champion (8458)...$169.99 later!  OUCH!
I found it at TRU in Portland, ME.  Didn't expect it to be on the shelves, I
thought it was only a catalog item.  Anyway, it's the most fascinating Lego
set I've built yet, hands down.  The damn thing is well over two feet long!
The wheels are roughly the diameter of a baseball.  The instructions were
lengthy and complex...enough to trick me two or three times, forcing me to
rip it apart and go backward a few steps - very fun!  It comes with two FAT
instruction booklets (novels, really) one for the Formula racer, the other
for the truck.  Truly irresistable for a Technic fan...if you can get over
the cost, that is.  Uninterrupted (sp?) building time was approx. eight
hours, but that's going slow to savor it.  Nice set, well worth the $$

-Matt

.

I got mine from Etoys last week, with a 20% off coupon.  Even after
shipping it wasn't much over $140.  I'm in the building process now, I
quit at step 39 to eat and check messages :)  I'll post later on what
I think of the completed set.

Thomas