 Technic / 3925
3924  |  3926
Subject:
Power Puller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:34:38 GMT

I just got the Power Puller yesterday and I have to say that it is a really
good set with a good price/piece ratio.  With close to 1,000 parts and a
motor, this set should be going for ~$130, IMHO.  One of the things I liked
about it was the ingenious system it uses to pull the load forward, with the
increasing force needed as the load got closer to the front.  I built it in
the 5x V4 configuration.  The chains do not fit very snugly around the 16T
gears like in other sets, namely the 8880.  The rear wheels are huge!  I'm
not sure about their exact diameter and depth, but I imagine that they are
close, or even greater than 100mm in diameter.  When you open the box,
(which has no open-up flap on the top) everything looks as though it was
just thrown in there, with the tires, the motor, the hubs, and alot of the
bigger pieces just loose in the box.  However, it is separated in bags that
are very similar to the 8002 Destroyer Droid.  The steering is horrible, and
when you let it go on the tile, it always veers to one direction because the
steering always slips.  I ordered it off the S&H US web site.  This set also
comes with a video.  The video has absolutely no dialogue in it, and was
pretty corney when it showed the kids doing just about anything.  The video
was even low enough to put in advertisments at the end for similar products
like the 8458!  These were just puctures with music in the background
though.  Overall I recommend this set.  And if anyone is wondering where
that small sticker in the corner goes, it goes on the figure's back.

Rob Bryson

Rating - 9.5/10