 Technic / 3809
Re: Any Ideas= 8448 and 4 wheel steering?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:11:17 GMT

I figured out 4WD/4WS two years ago :+)
It also has a working differential so that when one wheel gets off the
ground, the other will still get traction.

Check it out:

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Quarter/3073/test.htm

What this model does not do, but could easily have, is a
differential between the two motors to keep the speeds the
same.
However, since this model is geared down so low anyways, it does not
matter.

ENJOY!

In lugnet.technic, Jeffrey Driscoll writes:
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:

You also have to make sure the two u-joints are connected with the "slits"
matching, not 90 degrees apart, or you'll get the sinusoidal variation Jason
mentions here: http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=4154.

If you don't understand my description (you wouldn't be the first!) check out
the instructions for the 8448, steps 5 & 6 on the page dealing with the diff /
u-joints (pg 32 in my instructions). You can see that the slit on each u-joint
lines up with the adjacent one. This is not just for good looks!!

Regards,

ROSCO
Well, I did it for good looks, but now I'm glad i did! Whew. Not sure how
long that wouldv'e taken me to figure out. I finally mounted my t-block
engine and the two-speed auto tranny to the rear assembly. And darned if it
dont all work! Steerings gonna be a pain, i've got it all mounted so
low.....I'm gonna get around to taking digital pictures sometime......

-jeff