 Technic / 3805
3804  |  3806
Subject:
4.5-volt Technic motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:15:45 GMT

Just wanted some information on the old 4.5V motor that was used in Technic
models until about 1989 or 1990. It appears that the 8050, 8054, 8055 and
8700 sets coame with this type of motor. What is the general rotational
speed of it? (is it really fast like the standard 9V motor or more like the
9V gear-reduction motor) It probably wasn't as powerful as the 9V motors due
to its low voltage but was it strong enough to move around anything heavier
than the relatively small vehicles? Some of the sets around 1990 (i.e. 8865)
seem to include two sets of motorization instructions; one for the 8700
(4.5-volt) motor pack and another for the 8720 (9V) Power Pack, so was there
a time when both types of motors were in service?