 Technic / 3410
Re: Can there be a technic.slizer group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 06:59:14 GMT

The picture we've all seen with the motorbike and that
glider that detatches from the top is not the main model.

That's kind of similar to what TLC did for the 8485 set back in 1995; the
T-rex dinosaur was the featured model in the S@H catalogs, but the main one
actually turned out to be the helicopter, with the alternate being the
T-rex...

I dont think its a case of main and alternate, they are just 2 models
that can be made from the same set. Its like the 8448 with the
convertable and the gull wing doors mode.

In cases like this, I define the main model to be the one that uses all the
parts and the alternate model to be the one that only used about 2/3 of them.
Remember Millenia Throwbot?  The little guy on the bike was the main model and
the big guy with tires for feet was the alternate.  Even though a lot of things
made it look like the set just built the big guy.

The are other cases though, 8448 was intended to have different forms, none of
which probably use all the pieces.  The DDK also comes to mind, building R2D2
leaves some parts, apparently extra pieces were included specifically for the
alternative models.