 Technic / 3407
Re: Can there be a technic.slizer group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:37:47 GMT

Any word on Boss Roborider?
It's a Europe-only set.  Darn.
I guess you're wrong.  Maybe Europe just gets it before we do.

And it's now a moot point, because I just bought one at the Toys R Us today.  I
didn't even think I'd find any until next month at least.  Here's the
interesting thing.  The picture we've all seen with the motorbike and that
glider that detatches from the top is not the main model.  The main model is a
three part deal.  The center module has a wheel launcher for the front wheel
and one of those rubber wheels (the same one Milennia/Milennium Throwbot uses)
for the back.  It has the old Throwbot type head.  The other two modules have
the rubber wheel in front and a Roborider wheel in back mounted on one of those
double gear things that most of the other sets use.  The fun part is when you
attach the back axel of the side modules to the front of the center module and
you have this great big three wheeled monster.  There are three pairs of 5/6
small panels and three Roborider type heads that have rocket thrusters painted
on them.  And it does use the black wheels, so we only have to wonder about
what the transparent red wheels belong to now.

Now to wait for Bionicle.  Is anything else set for mid year release or is
Bionicle the only thing Lego's holding back at this point?