 Technic / 3176
Re: Pre Dark Age MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:45:51 GMT

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> writes:

The blue MAN Truck is modelled using a 1:87 model (3rd picture) as
inspiration.  Is more like a model team creation rather than a
technic creation. Anyway the two front axls are steerable and
"pendular-fixed" to the steering axl.

I like this one!  The colour scheme is nice.  It looks very realistic.

The white pickup is based on the tow truck #8846
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8846). It's one of my favorite models
and to convert it into a model team pickup was fun!!!

The 8846 was my fav as well!  It has working mechanisms which were very
well done.  I think it's design hints towards the Land Rover.

These days the US truck and the blue MAN still exists upon my cupboard and
covered in dust ;-(

Wow!  I don't have any pre dark age models around.  The only model I
left completed when entering my dark age was the 5580 Model Team Highway
Rig.  Sadly, the white parts had begun to yellow when I recovered it
from my parent's home.

Fredrik