 Technic / 3168
Re: Pre Dark Age MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:46:30 GMT

Wow, you had a hell lot of lego for a 13 year old teen, and apparently
you had a well developed building ability to deserve that much lego..:-)
Very nice models, even for an adult.

I have pictures of one of my pre dark age MOCS, too. Look at here

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=sgore

It is the attack helicopter. Not a brilliant one but for a collection
for only around 2000 bricks, that's it..:-) It is actually from 1983-84
but I also add some newer parts after my dark ages (preprinted control
panels, instead of 1x1 clear plates, space wheel engine inlets instead
of 2x2 round black bricks, and slightly larger main landing wheels).

Selçuk

Holger Matthes wrote:

Hi fan,

I rediscovered some pictures showing MOC's from my Pre Dark Age time! After
scanning and uploading you might find them at:

The blue MAN Truck is modelled using a 1:87 model (3rd picture) as inspiration.
Is more like a model team creation rather than a technic creation. Anyway the
two front axls are steerable and "pendular-fixed" to the steering axl.

The red/blacj US style truck was my first attempt to build a US truck. That was
someday in the year 1986 when I was 13 years old!

You see tthe yellow truck with the crane? That was the first version of the
blue MAN.

The white pickup is based on the tow truck #8846
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8846). It's one of my favorite models and to
convert it into a model team pickup was fun!!!

The white US truck was build in 1993 after I have been in the US for a holiday
trip. Didn't LEGO Company picked up some ideas out of that model in their 5571
black cat?? ;-))) In 1993 it was only possible to use "macaroni-pieces" to give
a good aerodynamical look to the truck!

These days the US truck and the blue MAN still exists upon my cupboard and
covered in dust ;-(

So what do you think? Any comments?

I am planning to build an open brown coal mining excavator for a while.
Pictures from the real model coud bee seen at:

I might need "thousands" of wide technic crawlers for this model???

Happy bricking,

Holger ...from Germany