 Technic / 263
Re: Technic air-dampers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:19:03 GMT

Huw Millington skrev i meddelelsen ...
<snip>
I know this is a common problem, so a question to those of you that
have also suffered and sent them back. Are LEGO sending out
redesigned replacements or the same part?

I called TLG when the damper on my new 8446 broke a week after assembly.
(This is about 14 days ago) I phoned TLG, and as I recall, the helpdesk
woman said that the problem was fixed in later production shipments (meaning
the damper part _was_ redesigned after the weakness became known).
I mentioned the fear of possibly discovering two broken dampers on my 8448,
and she suggested sending me three new dampers instead of one.
Upon recieving the new dampers the next day, I visually checked for
differences, but noticed none. (I haven't dared to split up a new and an old
damper to compare insides).
To summarize : Yes, to my knowledge, TLG are now sending out redesigned
replacement air dampers.

Jepsen