 Technic / 2551
Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:59:39 GMT

I can fully empathise with those weeks spent getting things right - it is as • if
the model is sitting there teasing you, telling you that there is a way to get
things working correctly, it's just that you haven't found it... yet. The
addictiveness is terrible! Even if you get close, it's still not good enough,
it has to be right.

I know exactly what you mean!  That's half the fun of Lego though....

Thanks for putting up the extra stuff about the front wheel mudguards BTW, it
was very interesting to see how you did that. I also like the rocker part of
the front suspension, a  neat way of getting round a classic problem.

As mentioned on the site, I feel that the rubber bands spoil the purity of the
mud guard solution (oh dear, Lego really is getting to my head...), but hard
as I tried, I could not get to a better solution.  Maybe Lawrence can sort
that one out ;-)

Neil