 Technic / 2425
Re: Black old style motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:38:54 GMT

That's what I was thinking too...

There were also some really old 4.5V ones (early 70's?) that looked • similar
to the 9V train motor. These ones had internal gearing, and had a fair bit
of oomph. These are the type I thought the original post was about.

These are  the motors from the Train sets of the 70's.
these motors are great to drive your technic creation.
They have an internal gearing indeed and these also have 4000 rpm.
But when the motors have to work too hard, then the internal geraing will
break down.
Then you can slide the gear on the inner motor to the end of its axle, so
the motor is geared down to 800 rpm and it even has more power!
This works with the 12 volt and the 4.5 volt versions.
You can even use a 4.5 volt motor inside these things and giving them 12
volt power. The motor then makes a lot of noise, makeslot of rpm's and has a
lot of power, but it gets very hot...

I had a train driven by 12 volt motors... You need a transformer but you
always have lots of power...
With these 9 volt motors we have nowadays I use a speed regulator of the 9
volt trains. Then you don't have to use any batteries...

greetings
Maico Arts
maico@m-arts.demon.nl
msx-nbno@m-arts.demon.nl