 Technic / 2370
    Re: super cars —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Me too! I guess it's because I'm Scandinavian, and we have had a lot of Volvo 24x around here. And there was also the Technic idea book in which they had a modified 956. It had a "station wagen" body which reminded me pretty much of the Volvo. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: super cars —Constantine Hannaher
     You are correct to remember that Lego offered a suggestion to modify the 956. One photograph appeared on the front cover of the instruction books for all of the first series of Expert Builder sets and towards the back three additional photographs (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: super cars —Jennifer Clark
   (...) I remember that too, and remember thinking it looked pretty dodgy. I tried to make a similar type of body for the 8860 at the time, which looked equally dodgy. To be honest, I think the only really viable bodywork for those cars is the type on (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: super cars —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I think that one could make a brick-based body for an 8448-sized car -- there are many who have done so and put them on the web and some of them look great. But the vast number of parts needed makes such a vehicle more or less unplayable. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: super cars —Jennifer Clark
   (...) That is very true, I had forgotten about that approach, and you are right, some of them do look great, for example, the Fiat on your web site really captures the correct look. In a similar but different way, the old Technic motorbike also (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: super cars —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Thanks! I must admit, though, that the model was very unplayable. While it did have a lot of working functions, the weight and bulk of it implied that it wasn't any fun at all to push along. For example, the suspension required a lot of shock (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)