 Technic / 2001
  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) Guess it was my tirade against the tanks you spotted:) I would absolutely love an airtank with reduction valves, btu as they are now, the tanks are little more than wide pieces of tubing, there will be no proper tank capacity without a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) I believe Linc Smith posted a long article about using some elements from disposable syringes to make an "air flow limiter". It is probably a very early post on LUGNET. He basically converted one of the T-connectors (which many people have a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

The biggest problem I could see, especially while I had my JCB Backhoe set, was that with the handpump, directional motion in one direction was dependent on the load being levered up - the directional motion on the other direction depended on how (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) I see your point, although I have to plead ignorance as to what a reduction valve is. I assume it has something to do with pressure regulation... Would it be helpful if the tank had a plunger of some type in it, which can change the volume of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) I read this article recently, although an immediate disadvantage that springs to mind is that if you want to move the cylinder quickly you won't be able to anymore. Another article (perhaps by the same author?) suggested that a good (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) That would definately be an improvement, that way you could at least keep pressure all the way, and btw, it is quite easy to control the valves with a axlejoine and say a 4L axle, but sometimes it really looks stupid:). The idea about using (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) Excellent :-) When I get some spare time I'll get cracking on a design too and see what happens. BTW, for anyone from the UK here, Toy Stack in Glasgow (St Enoch Centre) have a pretty good sale on at the moment, although I have no idea if it (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?

(...) I must say I feel very tempted by that offer too. I never got an 8462 when they were widely avaliable, so I'm trying to get one now. However, as I live in Berkshire, Glasgow's a little out of the way :-) Mike (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)