 Technic / 1827
Re: Has anyone ever tried to design a washing machine mechanism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:06:43 GMT

In article <FyC275.IG4@lugnet.com>, "Geoffrey Hyde"
<ghyde@ledanet.com.au> wrote:

Hmmm - but that was hand-cranked.  Did you try applying a motor to
it, and see if it could take on the same amount of torque?

I never hooked up a motor to it (mainly because the only motor I had at
the time was in use in another model), so I don't know for sure, but
IIRC it didn't involve much torque, once I tweaked the bushings to keep
the gears meshed without adding friction.

What did you use for the fan itself?  I've experimented with those
little propellors from the Aquazone series, but they're too small to
make much of a breeze by themselves unless you enclose them in
something, or put more than one on the same axle.

I used two of the big two-bladed propellers like those found in the 8824
Hovercraft (part #2952). They nest, so I ended up with a nice
four-bladed fan with all four blades in the same plane that moved a nice
amount of air.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net