 Technic / 1824
Re: Has anyone ever tried to design a washing machine mechanism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 01:00:14 GMT

Hmmm - but that was hand-cranked.  Did you try applying a motor to it, and
see if it could take on the same amount of torque?

Rotational speed isn't the only factor to take into account, there is also
the torsional component.  To make a half-decent representation of a tub I
expect it'll be quite heavy, as far as LEGO itself weighs.

What did you use for the fan itself?  I've experimented with those little
propellors from the Aquazone series, but they're too small to make much of a
breeze by themselves unless you enclose them in something, or put more than
one on the same axle.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde