 Technic / 1732
Re: 8448s in other colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:16:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.technic, Eelco Kooiker wrote:

The only possible color for 8448 is: black, red and silver.

Another issue, overlooked by everyone in this thread, are the *other* red
parts on the 8448.

I have a Excel-sheet whith all my lego-elements sort by sort and color. I have
searched the sheet for all elements and place the colors I have. On my website
you can find a (not updated yet) list of my lego-collection.

Most of the needed elements:
12L cross axles (12L)

Available in: Black, Red, Green

Angle connectors (#1, 2, 3, 5, 6, I don't remember any #4)

#1: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Yellow, Tan, White, Green, Blue,
Brown
#2: Available in Black, Grey, Red, Tan, White, Green, Teal, Blue, Brown
#3: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Tan, White, Green, Blue
#4: Available in Black, Red, Green
#5: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Yellow, Tan, White, Green, Blue
#6: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Yellow, White, Green, Blue

Flexible axles (various lengths)

11L: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Red, White, Green
12L: Available in Black, Grey, Red
14L: Available in Red, Yellow, Green
16L: Available in Red
19L: Available in Black, Grey, Red

Axles sleeves/joiners/extenders

Axle sleeves: Available in: Black, Red, Yellow, Tan, White, Teal, Purple, Brown
Axle extenders: Available in: Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Tan, White, Green,
Teal, Blue, Brown

Ribbed tubing in decent length

15 mm: Available in Black, Red, Yellow
112mm: Available in Black, Red, Teal

Push-pegs (the 2L pegs with a stop bush on one end)

Available in Black, Dark Grey, Red, Yellow, Green, Teal, Blue

Angle beams

[4x2]x1: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Tan, Green, Teal
[6x4]x1: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Yellow, White, Green, Teal,
Blue, Purple
[7x3x2]x1: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Red, Yellow, Tan, White, Green,
Teal, Blue, Purple

Half beams

5x1: Available in Black, Grey, Red, Yellow, White, Green, Teal, Blue, Purple
6x1: Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Tan, Teal, Blue

Cross catches

Available in Black, Dark Grey, Grey, Red, Yellow, Tan, Green, Blue, Brown

For a silver version of 8448, black and grey could be substituted in some
points.  And it looks like, besides the body panels, 8458 also provides
silver ribbed tubes and flexible axles (and probably a few other pieces as
well).
I don't know if the flexible axles are available in black or not.  If not,
maybe black flex-tubes could be used instead?

Steve

Eelco Kooiker
http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco/