 Technic / 1729
Re: 8448s in other colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eelco Kooiker wrote:

The only possible color for 8448 is: black, red and silver.

Another issue, overlooked by everyone in this thread, are the *other* red
parts on the 8448.

Most of the needed elements:
12L cross axles (12L)
Angle connectors (#1, 2, 3, 5, 6, I don't remember any #4)
Flexible axles (various lengths)
Axles sleeves/joiners/extenders
Ribbed tubing in decent length
Push-pegs (the 2L pegs with a stop bush on one end)
Angle beams
Half beams
Cross catches

For a silver version of 8448, black and grey could be substituted in some
points.  And it looks like, besides the body panels, 8458 also provides
silver ribbed tubes and flexible axles (and probably a few other pieces as
well).

I don't know if the flexible axles are available in black or not.  If not,
maybe black flex-tubes could be used instead?

Steve