 Technic / 1720
Re: www.lego.com has been updated...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:09:05 GMT

Ran Talbott <ran@netgate.net> wrote in message news:Fx6Dvn.DGu@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde writes:

I wonder if those rim pieces are
flexible enough to be used as anything other than rims?

Roller coaster track?  (We live in hope...)

Maybe - who knows, until we actually can get our hands on some of it - soon
I hope - of course, the US will get it before us Aussies do!!  ;-)

At 376 pieces, it might be worth it for parts I suppose.

Maybe:  it's hard to tell from the teeny picture on the website.  But, • from
the looks of that car-like object,  I'd say we now have the first • confirmation
of the survival of the the designers of the 6492.

Survival??  Methinks they thrived on whatever it was that was in the dark
room they had been accidentally locked in.  :-)

Lots of roboriders/slizers parts in it, I think.  Only cost will stop people
from buying it, if there are sufficient other parts that are usable, though,
it should be fairly good value for money.

Any ideas as to what those things that look like Furby skeletons are for?
I'm guessing that somebody escaped the mass execution of the CyberSlam • team,
and introduced the notion of using them to push the car and redirect it • toward
something the player wants it to bump into.

They look a lot like the cargo bay door pieces on the Technic Space Shuttle
#8480 but in orange and that weird looking light green color - I think the
pieces in the 8480 are perhaps a bit longer, unless these are a different
molded version of those.  It's hard to tell, like you said, they are pretty
small pictures to look at.  Would like to see more detail of these sets
though.  :-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde