 Technic / 1693
Re: www.lego.com has been updated...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 18:17:12 GMT

Don't get your hopes up that high! It won't replace a $500 camera!

I read a Lego-Logitech press release on 6/28 that said it was a Logitech
QuickCam. (Formerly Connectix QuickCam.)

These cameras have always been the cheapest, starting at $99 and below (free?).
They're video cameras, not still shot cameras, which means fuzziness is
acceptable. For under $100, I bet you still have to torque the lens to change
the focus. But for extreme close ups you can get decent detail if that's what
you want. These cameras tend to have less than vibrant color and call for
adjustment after the shot.

Still, I'm excited, because it's such a great idea to integrate it with the Lego
system, and what will it lead to when kids get into it? Visionaries...

It might even be possible to build on this platform, reverse-engineer the
protocol, use the camera in other software, or substitute another camera with
the Lego software, we shall see?

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Christian Gemuenden" <GECH1@t-online.de> writes:

pic of the camera 9731 now:
http://www.lego.com/catalog/amr/product.asp?number=9731

Cool!  This may very well be my first digital camera ever, depending
on the price tag, of course.  It probably has a macro function since
it is supposed to be used to take pictures of minifig scale stuff?

It also appears to have at least two of the wierd snaking technic
beams from 8417 and 8462.

Fredrik