 Technic / 16905
Re: Motorized Excavator - expensive!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:36:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ram Sreerangam wrote:
I know at another very large toy company that there is a person who comes up
with the price of a toy (fulltime employee(s)!). It does not always have to do
with the actual cost in creating the product.

There has always been a suspicion that Technic is more popular in Europe than in
the US. Which may explain why US is not able to command a good price for that
product line. It is reinforced by the fact that large Technic sets are on sale
in US for a very short time -- check the Off-roader and Crane Truck, they are
still available in S@H Europe but not in the US.

I am betting that if the cost of a Star Wars product had a similar price
differential as I described in my earlier post, there would be a lot of people
upset in the US. That has not been the case with Technic.

Oh to have the sales data on Technic sold... ;-)

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2010/11/lego-technic-on-drawing-board.html

This is an old thread, but looks like there are some hard facts that LEGO is
aware of Technic being more popular in Europe than the US. Read the details in
the URL I provided above. LEGO has not figured out how to tap into the US market
and are depending on Europe for most Technic sales.