 Technic / 16823 (-20)
  Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge

(...) See my concept design at (URL). (URL) It is not complete since I don't have enough parts, but you should get the idea. I have also made an improved version since these photos were taken. I will try to get it documented soon. -Trygve (14 years ago, 29-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge

(...) Yep, here is my version: (2 URLs) -Trygve (14 years ago, 29-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) Even with that explaination, I just can't seem to get the spacing and the gearing right between the dials. If you have the time, please, I would like a visual aid of the between walls and the between-dials gearing. When I first saw this, I (...) (14 years ago, 26-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Maker Faire is coming to metro Detroit! Call for makers opened

(URL) Maker Faire main logo> (URL) Maker Faire> is an event created by (URL) Make Magazine> to "celebrate arts, crafts, engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset." Maker Faire has been held in the Bay Area (SF, California) (...) (15 years ago, 19-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: NXT remote control by Power Functions handset

Hi Jürgen, (...) Yes, that should work, placing it in the converter. Current in the receiver used as a sensor is very low, so the voltage drop in the Schottky would be low too. Maybe it would need some trimming of resistors values. Philo (15 years ago, 8-Mar-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT remote control by Power Functions handset

Hi Philippe (...) Nice idea! W.r.t. the warning against using an NXT to PF converter: You could try adding a Schottky diode in the power supply line to protect the 4.3V supply of the NXT against somebody connecting 9V. The question is whether it (...) (15 years ago, 7-Mar-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT remote control by Power Functions handset

(...) Really cool hack... I need to brush up on my soldering! Jetro (15 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  NXT remote control by Power Functions handset

(2 URLs) Here> you'll find how to transform a Power Functions IR receiver into a NXT sensor. With this hacked receiver you'll be able to control your NXT robot with a Power Functions handset. Enjoy! (URL) Philo> (15 years ago, 25-Feb-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Leonardo da Vinci Flyer

(...) Thank you! It actually makes sense, though. Lego only selected kids 'til about 14 years old to be finalists. It is their main demographic, after all. I suppose they would get discouraged if they saw everything we can come up with. However, (...) (15 years ago, 21-Feb-10, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Leonardo da Vinci Flyer

Congratulations, this is a wonderful creation! It's inexplicable to me that it isn't among the 10 finalists. (15 years ago, 21-Feb-10, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) The LEGO Group used to claim TECHNIC as a trademark, as recently as 2006 (that I could find online). We've always used it in all caps (as well as BIONICLE, BTW) on LUGNET (such as in the set database) because it was the proper way to write it (...) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

As far as I know, "LEGO Technic" is not a registered trademark by LEGO, and thus it has been decided to write it as "Technic" which means without capital letters. If you remember old logo, used also lowercase letters. Don't know however, why TLG has (...) (15 years ago, 17-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Leonardo da Vinci Flyer

(...) (URL) The period for submitting MOCs anded on the 14th, but there will be a new challenge next month Jetro (15 years ago, 16-Feb-10, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Leonardo da Vinci Flyer

(...) Congratulations! What a beautiful model. I very much like your use of color, looks just like the wooden models of da Vinci's work that you'd see in a museum. Your sculpting is simple yet so effective at creating a very organic looking machine! (...) (15 years ago, 16-Feb-10, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) I'll sign up there then, thanks! (15 years ago, 15-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

In lugnet.technic, Joshua Delahunty wrote: <stuff> Sorry about that, hit the wrong button trying to fix the mistaken k's in Eric's name, and caused a double post. Went ahead with the fixes to show I realized they were the wrong spelling. :-/ -- (...) (15 years ago, 12-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) SPEAKING of TECHNIC... I noticed yesterday (thanks to your blog post on LEGO.com, actually, Eric), the The LEGO Group has stopped claiming TECHNIC as a trademark. Further, they're not insistent on fully capitalizing it any longer (I first saw (...) (15 years ago, 12-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) SPEAKING of TECHNIC... I noticed yesterday (thanks to your blog post on LEGO.com, actually, Erik), the The LEGO Group has stopped claiming TECHNIC as a trademark. Further, they're not insistent on fully capitalizing it any longer (I first saw (...) (15 years ago, 12-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) I do most of my chatting at (URL) Eurobricks> which has a dedicated (URL) Technic> forum. There is a pretty good amount of posting and quite a few Technic fans post there, including myself. blakbird (15 years ago, 12-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Where you all at?

(...) TBs is not only a great source for information but the post comments are almost a forum by themselves. It's just a bit harder to stay up to date with everything because so far I haven't found a way of subscribing to comments without making one (...) (15 years ago, 12-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact