 Technic / 16738 (-20)
  PF failures

Hi - for some reason two of my three 'M-motors' have just stopped wanting to work. When I plug them into the battery box and push on, they just... stand still. Worst is that two have broken, not just one... :-( The other failed sometime in June, the (...) (15 years ago, 17-Oct-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Continuously Variable Pneumatics - Video

(...) Simple, clear, easy to follow. Now I really need to build this thing and try it myself. Thanks. Jetro (15 years ago, 16-Oct-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Continuously Variable Pneumatics - Video

(...) Here's a video tutorial that explains how it works: (URL) The demonstration model is an automated system in itself. It is the inner loop of a control system. The (optional) outer loop would use feedback from a driven device to move the red (...) (15 years ago, 14-Oct-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: Continuously Variable Pneumatics

(...) Thank you for sharing this. Next up: implementing this in an automated system... Jetro (15 years ago, 12-Oct-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Continuously Variable Pneumatics

(...) A big Thank You to TLG for listening to AFOL requests for pneumatics and producing set 8049 for 2010. To celebrate, here are the pictures of my latest pneumatic system. It allows the cylinder to be commanded to any position. • not just the two (...) (15 years ago, 12-Oct-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: A whole bunch of MOCs

(...) Thanks! It's my own design. I like the Forbidden Lego book, but I didn't discover it until after I finished building this. -Adam (15 years ago, 24-Sep-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: A whole bunch of MOCs

Nice. Is the ping pong launcher your own design, or is it something from the (URL) Forbidden Lego book>? David (15 years ago, 24-Sep-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  8263 Snow Groomer

My daughter and I just finished the primary model in the 8263 Snow Groomer set tonight. I bought two primarily because the set inventory looked like it would yield a lot of handy robot building parts. That was a good decision. It has a nice yield of (...) (15 years ago, 23-Sep-09, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatics are back!!

(URL) has just received official confirmation from TLG that the 1H2010 set 8049 will include pneumatic pistons and has posted some preliminary pics. That means Pneumatic elements are back! (15 years ago, 22-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Thanks! I don't think anyone has ever called my work yummy before. Way to differentiate yourself. ;-) (15 years ago, 7-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) The other model is not a Technic model. (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Great job. Loved it. (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Great job. Loved it. (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Really good pages. I spent almost half an hour reading about 8880 - and I own the set! (15 years ago, 4-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Advice Needed in Choosing the Best LEGO Mini Solar Panels?

(...) Well... first, if you connect 10 ten to twenty potentially 2V panels up in series, you're potentially cranking up to 20 to 40 VDC, but at other times you're going to have almost nothing for power. And if you connect all these in series, you're (...) (15 years ago, 4-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) A minor MINOR quibble with the 8880 page, the hubs and tires were actually used in *two* other sets, rather than just one. Very much enjoyed your text and images, though. VERY nicely done. -- joshua (15 years ago, 4-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Advice Needed in Choosing the Best LEGO Mini Solar Panels?

(...) These are very inexpensive compared to the one encased in green. (4 URLs) Clifton D. Chambers (15 years ago, 4-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

YUMMY!!!! I love the Technopedia Web Site! You did a lot of work, for sure. Please accept my sincere thanks for the work you did on the 8880 page. You rock! Its been so long since I built that set, I hardly remember some of the construction goodies. (...) (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Advice Needed in Choosing the Best LEGO Mini Solar Panels?

(...) Wait, there are more types of solar panels besides the green ones sold in the Pitsco-Dacta catalogs? ($30+/ea) Wow, cool project, please post more when you can! Eric Sophie (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Advice Needed in Choosing the Best LEGO Mini Solar Panels?

My plan is to build a small solar farm as part of a train display, using ten to twenty of the solar LEGO solar panels and connecting them together in a series to maybe power a wind turbine, so some of electrical powered item as oppose to using a (...) (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact