 Technic / 16720
Re: Advice Needed in Choosing the Best LEGO Mini Solar Panels?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:52:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
My plan is to build a small solar farm as part of a train display, using ten to
twenty of the solar LEGO solar panels and connecting them together in a series
to maybe power a wind turbine, so some of electrical powered item as oppose to
using a train regulator.  Can anyone explain to me the advantage of using any of
the four solar panels as opposed to the other LEGO solar panels listed?

My choices are:

LEGO Mini Solar Panel is 1-3/4" x 3" (0.45V, 400 mA)

LEGO Mini Solar Panel is 1-3/4" x 3" (1.0V, 200 mA)

LEGO Mini Solar Panel is 2-5/8" x 3-3/4" (2.0V, 200 mA)

LEGO Mini Solar Panel is 2-5/8" x 3-3/4" (1.0V, 400 mA)

Wait, there are more types of solar panels besides the green ones sold in the
Pitsco-Dacta catalogs? ($30+/ea)

Wow, cool project, please post more when you can!

Eric Sophie