 Technic / 16233 (-20)
  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

Are those wheels new or have they been seen before? The set doesn't look too bad, I just wish it was a color other than Dk Bley (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Just found that same patent about one week ago too, as well as the one for the monorail (among some other interesting ones). We got some interesting discussions about these in two forums but unfortunately, they are in Portuguese (The two (...) (17 years ago, 11-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Right. The ZNAP axles are quite stiff, but it will be interesting to see how they work with the actuators. In the patent it looks like a different system, with much more flexible axles encased in a flexible tube (like flex-system but designed (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) The znap flex axle would make for some interesting possibilities with the actuators (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) It's so old, the example excavator still uses studded technic bricks... ROSCO (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) They appeared in ZNAP! I have some (bought only for cheap 9V motors). (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Interesting! I wonder what happened to the flexible axles. Alexander (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Digicomp II

(...) Quite so. But an all-LEGO implementation is still a remarkable achievement. The patent for (...) It would be great to see a version of Dr Nim too. This might also be more of a manageable project for those with limited time and resources! Then (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker

(...) (Belated) congratulations Steve - the elegant symmetry and smooth motion of this leg geometry are amazing. (I already spent some time trying unsuccessfully to improve on Chris and Philo's elegant designs). Cheers, Alexander (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

(...) I agree - very very impressive! (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) I think it is. (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Fallen Cranes

(URL) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Actuator?

In lugnet.technic, C. L. GunningCook wrote: oops, leave = leaf Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Actuator?

While Chris and I were pouring thru old Lego Patents... I happened to find this interesting Lego patent from 1991... (URL) actuation system - Google Patents I wonder if that is the new part that we are seeing in the new technic line??? Anyone care (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

See (URL) the original post. I have just built this device, and I am blown away by the genius and simplicity of its operation. Very well done indeed. Owen. (17 years ago, 9-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: 8475 and 8366 RC buggies Receiver unit

(...) Did you by chance happen to take any pics? Yes, I have heard many complaints about over-running steering, so I consider myself lucky, both of mine center perfectly. The sets came with a steering extension (with the rack and pinion inside) that (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and 8366 RC buggies Receiver unit

(...) I dismantled the one from my 8475 because I was sick of the steering slightly over-running when it centred up again. It uses a quarter-gear a bit like the end of this bionicle piece: (URL) it makes electrical contact with a series of arcs (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  8475 and 8366 RC buggies Receiver unit

So far so good. None of my two receiving units stopped working so far (bought the sets the year they came out). I am most nervous about the internal steering motor since should it fail, the entire receiving unit is useless. Anybody yet had one of (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) rats! (...) Thanks for the heads up, John Looks like I really have to start brushing up on my NXT 'bot building now. Dave K (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Dick Swan's replacement RCX firmware also does not support directly manipulating the IR led and it doesn't support microsecond timing control. Both of these features would be required in order to send the IR messages to a Power Function or R/C (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact