 Technic / 16173 (-10)
  Re: Wheel design

(...) If I'm interpreting right, I think what you are talking about is a way to make things so that if the wheels are turned in a stationary vehicle, there is no force to move the front end of the vehicle. The wheels turn around the spot where the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel design

"mikeheide" <mikeheide@web.de> wrote in message news:Juvytp.8M9@lugnet.com... (...) I think what he's saying is that most car wheel hubs are designed so that the centre of pivot for the wheel is around where the centre of the diameter of the hub (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: End effector that can "feel"

(...) I was comparing sensor reading to sensor reading and your point compares sensor reading to motor on/off condition, which is even better. I have never considered your idea of motor stall. That is probably because I am notorious for high gear (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End effector that can "feel"

(...) Nice. And I agree, nice-looking. I once Bricklinked some of those same "rubber skirt" pieces for this, but never did get them in an effecter that I liked (I was trying smaller at the time). Now I use the flexible 1x2 studless beams that first (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wheel design

(...) Sorry, but I do not understand what you are searching for! Can you put a picture or sketch on the net so I can have a look at this? cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Wheel design

Has TLC or any builder on the net ever come out with a wheel rim that allows for the swingarm to be the centroid of the tire? It would make 4-wheel drive systems, steering systems and suspensions so much better. (17 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  End effector that can "feel"

Hey everyone. I have built a realistic grasping end effecter that can feel when something in is its grasp (without touch sensors). I have attached a deconstructed version that I use. (URL) principle is pretty simple. As the end effecter closes and (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RSRA-2008

I have been working with a Home Schooler named Ian, to create a Robotic Arm. The Arm was created over a 4 session building period. I call it the RSRA-2008. (URL) The Arm consists of primarily black Technic construction. It utilizes x3 9v geared (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

Looks like 2008 will be another crap year for Technic. (2004 anyone? that year alone almost made me gave up buying any new Lego). Oh well, can't complain too much, we had 3 great consecutive years (2005 gave us the mighty 8421, 2006 a large (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technicopedia Update

(...) Nice Work! I can't wait till you get to the really interesting 80's sets: the Arctic sets, the 8865 Test Car, 8855 Prop Plane, the 8852 transformer robot, and the 8862 Backhole Loader! (17 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact