 Technic / 16146
Re: Lego Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:46:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jean-Pierre Manalo wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ian Power wrote:
I have just been browsing the Lego Shop @ Home site (I live in Australia), and
the Power Functions elements are now available. Great! $7.99 for the XL Motor,
and $9.99 for the regular motor (that's a bit odd, but anyway). For under $30
AUD I can get two XL motors and a regular motor to go with my power pack and
existing regular motor!

But here's the catch: Lego want $30 AUD for shipping! Orders under $25 get a $25
AUD postage fee. This is crazy! If I ordered a $10 item, I'd pay more postage
than the item is worth!!

Obviously these parts are being shipped from somewhere outsite Australia.

I have sent Lego an email, but to no avail. It appears I would be better off
ordering these parts from a US BrickLink site...

C'mon Lego, get your act together!!! I know I would buy from the site IF their
postage was reasonable! The amount is extremely excessive. Any of my co-aussie
Lego fans out there hear me?

G'day Ian,

I hear ya mate! :)

A number of us in Sydney group our Shop@Home orders together so that the 'high'
shipping cost is spread out amongst a number of us. We normally break the
shipping down based the 'size' each person contributes to the order (i.e. if
person A orders more by dollar-value than person B, then person A puts more
money in towards shipping). Of course, we're all good friends with each other,
so there is a level of trust involved too :)

Perhaps you could do the same if you know of any other folks in your area who
are into LEGO?? Maybe you could make a post to lugnet.loc.au to try and find
other Aussies in your vicinity??

Cheers, J.P. Manalo

See the reply I sent to Geoffrey Hyde, rather than repeating it here... BTW -
How often do you guys order from S@H? Do you think it's worth approaching Lego
with some form of petition requesting a postage model where Lego handle the
order grouping and then break up their big order for shipping locally (like I
mentioned in the reply to Geoffrey).

Obviously you guys have to wait until everyone in your group is ready to order,
so you would be OK to wait for Lego to perform the same function - in fact, the
wait would probably be less, because you'd be getting in on group orders from
all over Oz, not just orders from one specific group.